Libertarian meat eater, right wing in the sense of conservative with a small c.

Tuesday 27 January 2009

Beeb-bop

For no good reason that I can see, (other than thoroughly intentional myopia), I have from time to time been described as a deeply cynical bastard. This possible cynicism in no way informs my take on the recent Beeb / Gaza charity spat.

However, it did occur to me that if I were running an organisation accused of systematic bias in contravention of the charter under which the organisation operates, even to the extent of hiding an investigation into possible bias, I might consider a false flag operation. From now on, any time the BBC is accused of anti-Israel bias they will be able to say, "Oh come on, we didn't even show a charity appeal for Gaza civilians. How dare you accuse us of being anti-Israel."

Of course the Beeb is perfect in every way and I'm sure they would never stoop to such tactics, (I may have been accused of being sarky once or twice as well).

No comments:

Join LPUK link English Blogs